In a perfect world, we could do all things without the assistance of an expert. We could file our taxes perfectly, we could fix that engine noise in our vehicle, and we could perform our own knee replacement operation. Unfortunately, we can’t do all of those things, and that’s just fine! An expert can provide you with guidance or skill when things get complex, and personal injury lawsuits are nothing if not complex. There will be plenty of times you’ll want to have a lawyer by your side throughout the process, especially if you encounter any of these five roadblocks during your quest for compensation.
When You’ll Want A Lawyer By Your Side
Here are five common roadblocks that you may encounter during your workers’ compensation or personal injury case.
1. Your Claim Is Denied – You fill out the forms, you think you have all your ducks in a row, you get a letter back from the insurance company and you find out that your claim has been denied. Is that the end of the line, or do you have some other options? Your lawyer can help you navigate around an initial denial and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
2. Multiple Parties – If multiple parties are involved in your injury case, it’s best to have an expert by your side to help sort it out. Multiple parties mean multiple insurance companies, and trying to piece everything together on your own can be incredibly frustrating. Let us handle the back and forth between all involved parties so you don’t have to.
3. Massive Medical Bills – If you suffered a significant or permanent injury, you’re going to want a lawyer by your side. You won’t just need to get compensation for your current medical bills, but you’ll also want to ensure all future medical bills are accounted for in any award or settlement. You probably don’t know how to calculate all these seemingly unknown expenses, but your lawyer does.
4. You’ve Received A Settlement Offer – If you receive a settlement offer, you may feel like you’ve successfully earned an award without the help of your lawyer. It’s great you made it this far, but how do you know if that’s a fair offer? $20,000 may seem like a large settlement amount, but what if your case was worth $50,000 or more? A lawyer can ensure that your settlement offer is fair, and if it’s not, they can put together evidence and a counter offer to get you the right amount.
5. Life Gets In The Way – After an accident with injuries, you’re going to have a lot on your plate. You’re going to want to focus on your health and family, and that can be hard if you’re also trying to figure out how to file a successful injury claim on top of everything. When life gets in the way after an injury – and it will – you’ll be glad that you’ll have a personal injury lawyer by your side to help handle everything.
If you want help with any aspect of your injury case, or you just want a lawyer who can work through all these roadblocks and get you the compensation you deserve, reach out to the experienced team at Hey Workers.